COMMUNITY TESTING LOCATIONS
KC CARE will be providing COVID-19 testing every Friday afternoon.
Tests are free to Missouri residents. You do not need to have symptoms to be tested. Must be three years or older
to be tested. Every person getting tested (even children) must have an email address.
Pre-registration with MAKO is required to be able to get a COVID-19 test. You can register on the same day as your test.
For registration, please click here.
Friday, March 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th | 12pm-4pm
Other Community Testing Resources
How does it work?
- Look for KC CARE signage at the stated location.
- You will be directed to where a volunteer will collect demographic information and have you sign a consent-to-treatment form.
- You will then be directed to the testing tent, , where a provider will come to your window and give directions for your testing.
- Once the testing is complete, a volunteer will provide you with important information and next steps regarding the results of your test.
How will I be notified of my test results?
- Test results are generally available within 48-72 hours but may be longer due to lab volume and processing times.
- Whether the result is positive or negative, a KC CARE staff member will contact you at the number provided on the consent form.
- We must have a good phone number that accepts incoming calls or allows us to leave a message that your test results are available.
- If your test result is negative, we will leave a voicemail. If positive, we will leave a message to call us back, or we will send an email requesting a call back if you provide an email address.
- Please return our call as soon as possible. We will not leave test results on a voicemail message.
What happens if my COVID test is positive?
- A KC CARE staff member will contact you at the number or email provided.
- If your test is positive, we will leave you a message to call us back, or we will send an email requesting a call back if you provide an email address.
- Positive results for COVID-19 will be reported to the appropriate government officials, including the KCMO Health Department.
- The Health Department will contact you to follow up on your positive results.
- You can have a positive COVID test whether you are showing symptoms or are totally free of symptoms.
- If your test is positive, you are expected to quarantine yourself and remain home. Do not go out in public other than for medical visits.
- The COVID-19 test is not 100% accurate and cannot be used to rule out an infection. The test cannot tell you if you have had a prior COVID-19 infection.
What if I am having serious symptoms?
- Should you need medical attention, you are encouraged to contact your preferred medical provider prior to showing up at the facility.
- If you are positive and would like to see one of KC CARE’s medical providers, you can call 816.753.5144 to schedule an appointment. Telehealth visits are available.
- You may be eligible for Medicaid if you test positive for COVID-19. A KC CARE Health Insurance Navigator can assist you with this process. Please call 816.753.5144 x1380 or email email@example.com
- You can also call Medicaid directly at 800.318.8596 to initiate an application.
If you are having difficulty breathing, we suggest that you go to the nearest emergency room or call 911.
What happens if my test is negative?
If your test is negative, we hope you will continue to be safe. We recommend that you always wear a mask in public, wash your hands, and maintain social distancing.