KC CARE will begin offering mobile testing starting Monday, May 18th through August 7th. If you are a Kansas City, Missouri, resident, the test is FREE.
COMMUNITY TESTING LOCATIONS
Please call 311 to schedule an appointment. We will be taking scheduled appointments from 9:00am- 11:30am. Walk-up or drive thru testing without an appointment will be available from 11:30am- 2pm, or until tests run out.
- Monday, August 3rd: Central High School | 3221 Indiana Ave | KCMO 64128
- Tuesday, August 4th: East High School | 1924 Van Brunt Blvd | KCMO 64127
- Monday, August 10th: Southeast High School | 3500 E. Meyer Blvd | KCMO 64132
- Tuesday, August 11th: Trailwoods Elementary School | 6201 E. 17th Street | KCMO 64126
How does it work?
- Look for KC CARE signage at the stated location.
- You will be directed to a line where a volunteer will collect demographic information and have you sign a consent-to-treatment form.
- You will then be directed to a testing line, where you will wait until you are directed to move your car forward into the testing tent.
- A provider will come to your window and give directions for your testing.
- Once the testing is complete, a volunteer will provide you with important information and next steps regarding the results of your test.
How will I be notified of my test results?
- Test results are generally available within 48-72 hours but may be longer due to lab volume and processing times.
- Whether the result is positive or negative, a KC CARE staff member will contact you at the number provided on the consent form.
- We must have a good phone number that accepts incoming calls or allows us to leave a message that your test results are available.
- If your test result is negative, we will leave a voicemail. If positive, we will leave a message to call us back, or we will send an email requesting a call back if you provide an email address.
- Please return our call as soon as possible. We will not leave test results on a voicemail message.
What happens if my COVID test is positive?
- A KC CARE staff member will contact you at the number or email provided.
- If your test is positive, we will leave you a message to call us back, or we will send an email requesting a call back if you provide an email address.
- Positive results for COVID-19 will be reported to the appropriate government officials, including the KCMO Health Department.
- The Health Department will contact you to follow up on your positive results.
- You can have a positive COVID test whether you are showing symptoms or are totally free of symptoms.
- If your test is positive, you are expected to quarantine yourself and remain home. Do not go out in public other than for medical visits.
- The COVID-19 test is not 100% accurate and cannot be used to rule out an infection. The test cannot tell you if you have had a prior COVID-19 infection.
What if I am having serious symptoms?
- Should you need medical attention, you are encouraged to contact your preferred medical provider prior to showing up at the facility.
- If you are positive and would like to see one of KC CARE’s medical providers, you can call 816.753.5144 to schedule an appointment. Telehealth visits are available.
- You may be eligible for Medicaid if you test positive for COVID-19. A KC CARE Health Insurance Navigator can assist you with this process. Please call 816.753.5144 x1380 or email email@example.com
- You can also call Medicaid directly at 800.318.8596 to initiate an application.
If you are having difficulty breathing, we suggest that you go to the nearest emergency room or call 911.
What happens if my test is negative?
If your test is negative, we hope you will continue to be safe. We recommend that you always wear a mask in public, wash your hands, and maintain social distancing.