June 07, 2018
Kansas City CARE Clinic Rebrands as KC CARE Health Center
Today, we’re delighted to announce Kansas City CARE Clinic will now be called KC CARE Health Center. Our freshly redesigned, patient-centered website illustrates our next chapter: www.kccare.org.
Because of our community’s support, KC CARE made these advances in patient care:
- Our client base grew by a third in the last 12 months – with thousands more patients seeking affordable healthcare.
- We re-engaged the historic Northeast community by opening a new location on Independence Ave.
- An in-house pharmacy now provides our patients with access to more affordable medications.
- Long identified as a free clinic, we now accept privately insured, Medicare and Medicaid patients without compromising our commitment to those who are uninsured.
- We continue to partner with community organizations and academic institutions across the metro area.
- A growing list of federal certifications and accreditations endorse our quality of work.
“Our expanding capacity is driven by the importance of our mission.” says KC CARE’s Chief Executive Officer, Sheri Wood. “We exist for our patients and always have.”
A Different Future
As a friend of KC CARE, you appreciate the importance of our mission. Many Kansas Citians have discovered their insurance policy serves as little more than emergency assistance for worst-case scenarios. With the cost of necessary medications and treatments steadily increasing, they face the unsettling possibility that affordable healthcare may be completely out of reach.
With your partnership, KC CARE imagines a different future. Together, we envision a city where everyone can receive the healthcare they need without worrying how to pay for it. We work toward a time when community members who are medically uninsured find a caring health home and a trusted friend for their health and wellness.
Our ability to create a healthier Kansas City depends greatly on your continued assistance. Thank you for your support and thank you for celebrating another significant milestone with KC CARE!