September 27, 2023
KC CARE is seeking bids for Annual Audit and Tax Services
Joe Lopez at (573) 632-2700 Ext 5 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions must include the RFP number within the subject line of the email.
RESPONSE MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY BY:
OCTOBER 20, 2023, 12 pm Noon (CST)
1. SUMMARY AND BACKGROUND
KC CARE Health Center celebrated their 50th Anniversary in 2021. Just as their locations, name, and size have continued to grow since their inception in 1971, so does their determination to provide equitable access to quality healthcare for the local communities and populations they serve. KC CARE believes that, “no matter how skilled our clinical staff is, patients must know we care. The way we demonstrate this value is by respecting their identities and cultures.” Last year KC CARE served nearly 20,000 patients with over 80,000 encounters, providing essential care to more than 6,200 uninsured patients (33%), which is 10% above the national average (National FQHC average 22% uninsured). Still yet – KC CARE strives to serve more, better.
We serve 23,000 clients each year with funding from grants, contracts, and fees. We receive government funding from numerous sources and agencies. We have 187 employees, our annual revenue ranges between $25M and $35M for the past few years.
KC CARE seeks an Audit Firm and/or licensed Accounting Practice (“Agency), qualified to perform a single audit, to submit a proposal for the preparation of its yearly audited financial statements and related filings for a three-year period beginning with the 2023 fiscal year ending 2025. Our organization does require a federal single audit. The nature and scope of federal funding received by the organization in 2023 necessitates this audit, and we are seeking a firm with demonstrated experience in providing this level of audit services. Such an audit must be performed in accordance with generally accepted standards and practices.
KC CARE expects the work and/or preparation of the work to commence immediately upon notification and acceptance of award. This contract will terminate upon the completion of all aforementioned work pertaining to this RFP in accordance to its associated contract.
KC CARE requires that any compensation for the scope of services provided in Exhibit (i.e. all services) will be comprehensive in nature. Agency will be expected to disclose in its submittal any and all fees (commission and non-commission) or compensation Agency expected from KC CARE and to explain under what circumstances these fees and/or commission would apply. However, KC CARE would prefer a flat fee, if possible, to ease the burden of fiscal forecasting and annual budgetary preparation.
KC CARE is a Federally Qualified Health Center with the mission to promote health and wellness by providing quality care, access, research, and education to the underserved and all people in the community. KC CARE is exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code. Their mission is to provide outreach medical, dental, and behavioral health services to people in the Kansas City Community and surrounding metropolitan and rural areas.
Your complete proposal must be received by (October 20, 12 pm CST). Please send your proposal to CAB. All proposal will be reviewed and a corresponding recommendation of the top three will be made to the CFO and CEO. Final decisions will be made by the Board of Directors on Tuesday, November 28.
If you have any questions or would like further clarification of any aspect of this request for bid, please contact me at email@example.com. I look forward to receiving your proposal.
2. GENERAL INFORMATION
KC CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages small businesses and minority-owned businesses to bid. This RFP will also be publicized per Electronic Code of Federal Regulations §200.320.
3. RFP TIMETABLE
The timetable for this RFP is as follows:
|Release of RFP||SEPTEMBER 27, 2023 (12 pm CST)|
|Deadline for Written Questions||OCTOBER 6, 2023 (12 pm CST)|
|Responses to Questions Provided||OCTOBER 13, 2023|
|RFP Final Proposals Due||OCTOBER 20, 2023 (12 pm CST)|
|Initial Selections||NOVEMBER 6-10, 2023|
|Interviews (only if necessary)||NOVEMBER 13-20, 2023 (over 2 weeks)|
|Contract Award||NOVEMBER 28-30, 2023|
|Commencement of Work||DECEMBER 2023|
4. SPECIFIC RFP REQUIREMENTS
- Questions and Responses:
- Prospective Agency may submit questions regarding this RFP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions must be received by 12:00 pm (CST) on Friday, October 6, 2023. When submitting questions, please specify which section of the RFP you are referencing and quote the language that prompted the question. Questions may address issues or concerns that a Agency may have pertaining to this RFP or any specific area therein. All questions and responses will be sent and posted for all participants to review.
- KC CARE will provide responses to questions regularly, and questioning period will terminate on October 13, 2023. KC CARE reserves the right to group similar questions when providing answers.
- Proposal Submission Deadline: The Agency’s final proposal should be submitted by email to email@example.com by 12:00 pm (CST) by October 20, 2023. Please include the subject line “KCCARE-20231201-AAS.”
- It is the sole responsibility of the submitting Agency to ensure that its proposal is received before the submission deadline. Submitting Agency shall bear all risks associated with delays in delivery. Any proposals received after the scheduled closing date and time for receipt of proposals will not be accepted.
- Proposal Requirements:
- Proposals shall include the following components:
- Agency qualifications
- Agency experience, access and approach to the needs outlined in Exhibit A.
- Agency must identify any compensation the Agency may seek from KC CARE, and an explanation for why those fees or compensation may be sought and under what terms payment is expected.
- A copy of any standard agreement or contract that the Agency typically uses for these services. Agency is expected to identify any terms and conditions that Agency can waive or any exceptions or revision Agency is willing to make to such an agreement.
- Terms and Conditions:
KC CARE would like to pursue this term of this coverage for up to three (3) years, with an option to renew without bid by extension for up to two (2) additional years.
- Agency References: To illustrate the Agency has the experience in this arena, the Agency shall provide three (3) references of professional clients that the Agency has gained and lossed when providing services of similar size and scope. References shall include company name, contact name, title, phone number, and email. It is recommended that Agency notify references that they will be contacted (see Exibit B).
- Additional information: The Agency may provide any other information that it believes will add value and/or additional context to its proposal.
5. PROPOSAL EVALUATION CRITERIA AND PRODUCTION PROCESS
Proposals will be evaluated in accordance with the following evaluation criteria.
|Agency’s experience with and approach to the services requested in Exhibit A. Any non-commission fees and/or compensation Agency may seek from KC CARE.||55%|
|Qualifications & Brokerage References (provided)||10%|
Each qualified proposal will be evaluated based on the response of the submittal or subsequent information gained in the process. Price is important, but price will not be the sole determinate for award. The determination for the award is the absolute value, including but not limited to coverage, fees and structure of fees, access, timeframe, forecastability and industry insight, etc. and therefore, will be the sole responsibility of KC CARE.
Following the initial evaluation, KC CARE may select a particular Agency (with or without interviews) or enter into discussions with a “short list” of Agencies, consisting of those likely, in the opinion of KC CARE, to potentially be awarded the contract.
The purpose of discussions with a Agency on the “short list” will be to identify Agency specific deficiencies and weaknesses in its proposal and to provide the Agency with the opportunity to consider possible approaches to alleviating or eliminating them. These deficiencies or weaknesses may include such things as meeting deadlines, technical issues, management approach, cost, or team composition. Discussions may take place through written correspondence, Zoom, and/or face-to-face interviews.
KC CARE reserves the right not to convene interviews or discussions, and to make an award on the basis of initial proposals received and the scoring reflective therein. References may be contacted at any point in the evaluation process.
After an Agency has been selected, KC CARE and the prospective chosen Agency will negotiate a contract for execution by KC CARE. If a satisfactory contract cannot be negotiated, KC CARE may, at its sole discretion, begin contract negotiations with the next qualified Agency who submitted a proposal, as determined by KC CARE. Agency must realize that KC CARE may disqualify any Agency with whom KC CARE cannot satisfactorily negotiate a contract.
KC CARE reserves the right to extend timelines if deemed necessary, waive irregularities, and to reject any or all bids in accordance with internal policy. KC CARE or their designee also reserves the right to negotiate with the selected Agency in the event the price exceeds available funds.
The selected Agency shall work directly with KC CARE or their agent for final contract terms and conditions. All contractual terms and conditions will be subject to review by the KC CARE CEO and/or Board of Directors and will include scope, budget, schedule, and other necessary items pertaining to the project.
By signing your RFP response proposal, you agree to the award criteria and process stated in this section.
6. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
This RFP is a solicitation for proposals only and is not intended as an offer to enter into a contract or as a promise to engage in any formal competitive bidding or negotiations. KC CARE may, at its sole discretion, accept or reject any or all proposals submitted in response to this RFP. KC CARE also may, at its sole discretion, make no award for this RFP or cancel this RFP in its entirety. In addition, KC CARE may elect to proceed with contract negotiations for some of the services included in the proposal. KC CARE further reserves its right to waive minor errors and omissions in proposals, request additional information or revisions to offers, and to negotiate with any or all qualified Agency.
KC CARE shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the Agency in connection with the preparation and submission of any proposal. KC CARE reserves the right to waive inconsequential disparities in a submitted proposal. KC CARE has the right to amend the RFP, in whole or in part, by written addendum, at any time. KC CARE is responsible only for that which is expressly stated in the solicitation document and any authorized written addenda. Such addendum shall be made available to each person or organization which KC CARE records indicate has received this RFP. Should such addendum require additional information not previously requested, failure to address the requirements of such addendum may result in the proposal being found non-responsive and not being considered, as determined in the sole discretion of KC CARE. KC CARE has the right to reissue the RFP at a future date, if deemed necessary.
7. CONFIDENTIALITY AND MATTER OF RECORD
Responses to this RFP shall become the exclusive property of KC CARE. The recommended Agency’s proposal will become a matter of record when contract negotiations are complete and KC CARE receives a letter from the recommended Agency’s authorized officer that the negotiated contract is the firm offer of the recommended Agency or when an agreement is executed by KC CARE. Exceptions to disclosure may be available to those parts or portions of proposals that are justifiably and reasonably defined as business or trade secrets, and plainly marked by the Agency as “Trade Secret”, “Confidential”, or “Proprietary”. KC CARE shall not, in any way, be liable or responsible for the disclosure of any such record or any parts thereof, if disclosure is required or permitted by law. In the event KC CARE receives a request for any of the aforementioned documents, information, books, records, and/or contents of a proposal marked “Confidential”, “Trade Secrets”, or “Proprietary”, Agency agrees to defend and indemnify KC CARE from all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred in connection with any action, proceedings, or liability arising in connection with such a request.
A blanket statement of confidentiality or the marking of each page of the proposal indiscriminately and without justification identifies most or all of its proposal as exempt from disclosure or submits a redacted copy may be deemed non-responsive.
8. CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Agency is not permitted nor allowed to contact or receive information outside of this RFP process. If it is discovered that the Agency contacted and received information from anyone other than the person specified above and under the process specified herein regarding this solicitation, KC CARE may, at its sole discretion, disqualify your proposal from further consideration. Please do not reach out directly to KC CARE.
All contact and/or questions regarding this RFP must be submitted in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. REQUIRED PROPOSAL FORMAT AND CHECKLIST OF ITEMS TO BE INCLUDED:
**Proposals not conforming to these requirements will not be considered**
Final proposals must be submitted electronically to email@example.com and are due on/or before 12 pm noon (CST) on OCTOBER 20, 2023.
Make sure your proposal includes the following (See above Section 1-5 for details):
- Please review the project timeline and major steps/checkpoints necessary to meet all corresponding deadlines summarized in Exhibit A..
- Please provide a list of three (3) references of clients gained and lost related to the corresponding contact information – see Exhibit B to be submitted with the proposals.
- Please provide a Standard Purchase Agreement which includes payment percentage schedule, change request, cancellation, and any other relevant terms and conditions
- Please share any additional information, feature(s), pictures, etc. as desired to add value to your proposal.
- Please complete the signature sheet – see Exhibit C.
Exhibit A – Scope of Services
Exhibit B – Prospective Agency/Vendor References
Exhibit C – Completed Signature Sheet