April 03, 2020
KC CARE Pharmacy Remains Open for Patients
Keep taking prescription medications, especially during self-quarantine.
KC CARE continues to follow government recommendations for social distancing, as the best possible means to prevent the spread of COVID-19. However, your healthcare is an essential service, and this includes KC CARE’s pharmacy. It is important that you, our patients, continue to adhere to your recommended medications right now. This is just another way we’re trying to keep you healthy.
KC CARE’s Pharmacy at our Midtown location is still operating as usual. Here is what you can expect:
· If you need a prescription refill, please call 816-777-2725. Please call our pharmacy if you’d like to learn more about the refill options for your medications.
· The pharmacy is open its regular hours: 8:30 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday (closed daily from 12:30 pm to 1 pm for staff lunch).
· All visitors at KC CARE, including patients, pharmacy pick-up and staff, will be screened for fever and other COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms at the door. Please follow the instructions of our staff who greet you at the entrance. These and other procedures minimize staff and patient exposure and are evaluated daily to make improvements.
· Patients can opt-in to receive texts from KC CARE’s Pharmacy regarding refills. Please ask the pharmacists to send you a text message to opt-in to these text alerts. Data message rates do apply.
· KC CARE can transfer your prescription to other pharmacies but cannot guarantee the same low price at another pharmacy.
In case you haven’t heard, we’re providing more telehealth services than ever before! Make a medical or behavioral health telehealth appointment by calling 816-753-5144.
At KC CARE, we continue to follow governmental guidance about social distancing, which we recognize is the best strategy for slowing the spread of COVID-19. Resources for COVID-19 Information:
Lastly, the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services has activated a statewide public hotline for citizens or healthcare workers needing guidance regarding COVID-19. The hotline is available 24/7, is operated by medical professionals, and can be reached at 877-435-8411