May 22, 2020
Your health information at your fingertips
In December, KC CARE Health Center and Homeroom Health implemented a new electronic health record, which means we also needed to implement a new patient portal. We’re so excited to officially launch Healow to you, our patients, because we think it will improve your healthcare experience. Some of our patients have begun to use it already.
Here are the things you need to know about this change.
Why should I sign up for the patient portal?
KC CARE and Homeroom Health’s new patient portal – Healow – allows you to quickly access information and services. With Healow, you can:
- View lab results, available within 24-48 business hours of being received by KC CARE.
- View immunization records
- Send and receive messages securely
- Request appointments by indicating your preferred provider, day of the week, and time of day.
- Request medication refills
- Coming soon: Make payments online
*We are unable to control how quickly our lab partners complete our orders; additionally, processing is taking more time while staff work remotely during the pandemic.
How do I get to the new patient portal, Healow?
You can access the portal in three ways:
- Download the Healow app, available for Apple or Android devices, and use the practice code JIGIBD to log in.
- Visit and bookmark the following link: https://health.healow.com/KCCAREHEALTHCENTER
- Visit www.kccare.org and click Patient Portal in the upper righthand corner.
How do I sign up for Healow?
Our front office and scheduling staff will talk to you about the portal before and during your next KC CARE visit. Additionally, our clinical staff and case managers can also assist you with Healow registration and even help you set up your password.
Additionally, patients can pre-register by clicking the pre-register button on the app or webpage home screen:
- If you are a current patient, Healow will be able to match you to your record.
- If you are a new patient, there will be some quick demographic information to fill out.
If you have any questions, you can send an email to email@example.com or call our main line at 816.753.5144. You will receive an email or return call within 24 hours.
I used KC CARE’s old patient portal. Will my information be automatically be moved to Healow?
All medical records, including lab results and vaccine records, will be transferred into the new patient portal. However, in adherence with patient consent laws, all patients will need to re-register for the new portal. We are unable to transfer any private correspondence between patients and KC CARE’s team from our previous patient portal to Healow.
Help! I still have questions about the new patient portal, Healow.
You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our main line at 816.753.5144. You will receive an email or return call within 24 business hours.
Additionally, we continue to add more information to our Patient Portal webpage.